Yoes C. Kenawas
Program Area(s): Comparative Politics; International Relations
Regional Specialization(s): Asia
Subfield Specialties: Asian Politics
Dynasty Inc.: The Emergence and Endurance of Political Dynasties in Indonesia
Dissertation Committee: Jeffrey A. Winters; Edward L. Gibson, and Rachel B. Riedl
Research Interest(s): Democratization; Elite Theory; Dynastic Politics; Decentralization; Subnational Politics; Southeast Asia; Indonesia.
- Yanuar Nugroho, Yoes C. Kenawas, Sofie S. Syarief. 2021. "How the 2020 Pilkada Reflected Major Structural Flaws in Indonesian Politics" in ISEAS Perspective 2021/5
- Yoes C. Kenawas. 2020. "Dynastic Politics: Indonesia’s New Normal" in Indonesia at Melbourne. The University of Melbourne. Melbourne: Australia
- Yoes C. Kenawas. 2020. Book Review: Power, Clientelism, and Democracy in Indonesia. Prisma 2020
- Kenawas, Yoes C. 2019. Twenty Years After Suharto: Dynastic Politics and Signs of Subnational Authoritarianism. Kyoto Review of Southeast Asia
- Putri D.A., Nugraha L.K., Kenawas, Y.C., and Sinulingga, A. 2014. From Constituent to Consumer: The Strategy of Political Parties on TV. Centre for Innovation Policy and Governance, funded by TIFA Foundation. Jakarta: CIPG
- Kenawas, Yoes C. 2015. The Rise of Political Dynasties in a Democratic Society. Equality Development and Globalization Studies (EDGS). Evanston: EDGS
- "Performative Acts in Indonesia's Electoral Democracy," Indonesian Journal of Anthropology Symposium, July 2019
- "The Variation of Dynastic Success in Indonesia," Association for Asian Studies, March 2019
- "Clientelism at the Subnational Level: Paving the way for the Emergence of Political Dynasties in Indonesia," European Association of Southeast Asian Studies, August 2015
- 2019 Association for Asian Studies Annual Conference, March 2019, "Dynastic Inc.: Towards an Organizational Theory of Dynastic Politics"
- 2019 Association for Asian Studies Annual Conference in Asia, April 2019, "Performative Acts in Indonesia’s Electoral Democracy"
- The 7th International Symposium of Jurnal Antropologi Indonesia, July 2019, "Methodological Reflection: Observing Democracy Through Direct Participant Observation."