The Department's designated faculty advisors are prepared to assist you in planning your studies in Political Science. Advising office hours occur daily from a term's first week through the end of reading week.
when to contact or meet with a department advisor:
- Major or Minor declaration
- You may complete this process via email by emailing your form to any advisor or the Undergraduate Program Coordinator (email@example.com).
- Graduation Petition questions
- The graduation petition process is now completed online. A meeting with a department advisor is not required but students are welcome to reach out to any advisor if they have questions regarding their petition or the submission process.
- General questions and advice about studying political science and planning your course of study
- Questions about completing major/minor requirements and selecting courses
- Honors Program questions
When to contact or meet with the Director of Undergraduate Studies:
Only the Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) can approve and advise on study abroad credit, transfer credits, or certificates of achievement. If you are unable to meet with the DUS during the advising hours, then email the Director of Undergraduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Approve Political Science course credit for courses taken while studying abroad
- Approve Political Science course credit for transferred courses from other universities
- Complete a Certificate of Achievement
- Discuss problems or request unusual exemptions
Spring 2021 Advising Hours: March 30 - June 4
During school breaks, contact an advisor directly to schedule an appointment. Note that faculty advisors may not be available during breaks.
During the Spring 2021 quarter, department advisors will hold virtual office hours via Zoom. These virtual office hours will function just like in-person office hours. You do not need to make an appointment to attend. Follow the Zoom link listed to meet with an advisor during their advising hours. You may be asked to wait in a waiting room before being admitted to the Zoom meeting.
|Day||Time||Department Advisors||Zoom link|
10am - 12pm
10 am - 12 pm
12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
2 pm - 4 pm
12 pm - 2 pm
Professor Wendy Pearlman, Director of Undergraduate Studies