The Department's designated faculty advisors are prepared to assist you in planning your studies in Political Science. Advising office hours occur daily during the academic year, from the first week of the quarter through the end of reading week. See the winter 2022 quarter advising schedule below.
Advisors are not assigned in the Political Science Department. Students are welcome to meet with any advisor.
when to contact or meet with a department advisor:
- Major or Minor declaration
- You may complete this process via email by emailing your form to the Undergraduate Program Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Graduation Petition questions
- The graduation petition process is now completed online. A meeting with a department advisor is not required but students are welcome to reach out to any advisor if they have questions regarding their petition or the submission process.
- General questions and advice about studying political science and planning your course of study
- Questions about completing major/minor requirements and selecting courses
- Honors Program questions
When to contact or meet with the Director of Undergraduate Studies:
Only the Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) can approve and advise on study abroad credit, transfer credits, or certificates of achievement. If you are unable to meet with the DUS during the advising hours, then email the Director of Undergraduate Studies at email@example.com.
- Approve Political Science course credit for courses taken while studying abroad
- Approve Political Science course credit for transferred courses from other universities
- Complete a Certificate of Achievement
- Discuss problems or request unusual exemptions
winter Quarter advising hours: January 3, 2022 - March 11, 2022
|Monday||1 pm - 3 pm||Professor Jaime Dominguez||On Zoom:|
|Tuesday||10 am - 12 pm||Professor Ricardo Court||On Zoom: https://northwestern.zoom.us/my/ricardocourt|
|Wednesday||On January 26: 2 pm - 3 pm||Professor Wendy Pearlman, Director of Undergraduate Studies||On Zoom:|
|Thursday||11:30 am - 1:30 pm||Professor Jean Clipperton||On Zoom:|
|Friday||11:30 am - 1:30 pm||Professor Larry Stuelpnagel|
Back to top