Skip to main content

Ginsberg Research Grant

Ted and Cora Ginsberg Undergraduate Research Grant

The Ted and Cora Ginsberg Undergraduate Research Grant supports undergraduate political science research conducted in collaboration with a faculty member. The project must be student initiated, and conducted with the mentorship of a political science faculty member. The research can occur during the summer or during the academic year and need not be conducted for credit.

Interested students should approach a faculty member to discuss a potential project. Funds can be applied toward students’ expenses related to undertaking the collaborative research including: transportation costs, such as student’s travel to research venues; materials, computer software; other. Grants are awarded to undergraduate students only.

Students are encouraged to first pursue funding through Undergraduate Research Grants from the Office of Undergraduate Research.

Current Considerations during the COVID-19 Pandemic

Due to the changing circumstance of the COVID-19 pandemic, there are additional restrictions and requirements for grant proposals submitted for summer 2021:

How to apply for a Ginsberg Undergraduate Research Grant

Applications for the Ginsberg Research Grant for summer and academic-year research are accepted on a rolling basis. Please allow 2-3 weeks for your application to be reviewed.

If you have any questions, please contact the Department of Political Science at

Back to top