Critical Theory is the largest interdisciplinary graduate "cluster" at Northwestern. It includes more than thirty faculty and one hundred doctoral students in more than twenty departments. The cluster offers an interdisciplinary graduate certificate. It also offers additional fellowships to students selected to participate in the Paris Program in Critical Theory. The cluster oversees an undergraduate minor and an undergraduate Paris program.
Between fifteen and twenty Political Science graduate students participate in the cluster in any given year, most of whom are drawn from the subfields of International Relations and Political Theory.
Students participate in the following programs:
- Critical Theory at Northwestern
- Graduate Certificate in Critical theory
- Paris Program in Critical Theory for doctoral students
- Undergraduate Minor in Critical Theory
- Paris Program in Critical Theory, Literature, and Media for undergraduates
Political Science faculty who are active in Critical Theory work in the areas of Democratic Theory, Post-Nationalism, and Religion, Law, and Politics. They include: