AdvisingThe Department's designated faculty advisers are prepared to assist you in planning your studies in Political Science. Advising office hours are scheduled multiple times per week during the academic year, from the first week of the quarter through the end of reading week.
Advisers are not assigned in the Political Science Department. Students are welcome to meet with any adviser.
when to contact or meet with a department adviser:
- Major or Minor declaration
- Graduation Petition questions
- The graduation petition process is completed online. A meeting with a department adviser is not required but students are welcome to reach out to any adviser if they have questions regarding their petition process.
- General questions and advice about studying political science and planning your course of study
- Questions about completing major/minor requirements and selecting courses
- Honors Program questions
When to contact or meet with the Director of Undergraduate Studies:
Only the Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) can approve and advise on study abroad credit, transfer credits, or certificates of achievement. If you are unable to meet with the DUS during the advising hours, then email the Director of Undergraduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Approve Political Science course credit for courses taken while studying abroad
- Approve Political Science course credit for transferred courses from other universities
- Complete a Certificate of Achievement
- Discuss problems or request unusual exemptions
Winter 2024 Advising Hours: January 3rd - March 22ndAdvising hours are open rather than by-appointment. There is no need to contact an adviser to request a meeting time; please feel free to come at any time during the advising window (for advising on Zoom, you might wait in a waiting room if another student is meeting with the adviser). During school breaks, contact an adviser directly to schedule an appointment. Note that faculty advisers may not be available during breaks.
|Professor Ricardo Court: Monday, 9:00 - 11:00 (Zoom)
|Professor Larry Stuelpnagel: Tuesdays, 1:00 - 3:00 pm, In-person, McCormick Foundation Building 4-135
|Professor Jeff Rice: Wednesdays, 10:00 - 12:00 pm, Scott Hall 106; Fridays 9:00 - 10:00 am (By appointment Zoom)
|Professor Jaime Dominguez: Fridays, 9:30 - 11:30 am (Zoom)
|Professor Daniel Galvin, Director of Undergraduate Studies: Friday, 1:30 - 3:30 pm (Zoom)