All students have a specific registration time - find out your appointment time by viewing your Enrollment Dates on CAESAR. Search for Political Science courses in CAESAR by using the Course Subject short cut "Poli_Sci".
If you have declared Political Science as your Major or Minor, you will be eligible for pre-registration, which occurs the week prior to regular registration. Pre-register for classes via CAESAR.
- 394's and 395's are limited to juniors and seniors during pre-registration. 394's are usually limited to juniors and seniors during regular registration week as well.
- During Pre-Registration, students are only allowed to register (or add themselves to the wait list) for a total of 2 classes.
- Students may enroll in up to five classes without special permission, so long as you meet the GPA requirements, during the first week of classes. For more information on this process, please see the Overload Course Option
- You may add up to 2 wait listed courses to your schedule. See the Wait List section for more information.
- You may register for some courses Pass/Not Pass rather than getting a letter grade (not all classes allow this as an option). For more information on this process, please see: Take a Course P/N
- Be sure to finalize your class schedules by the end of the first week of classes. Be sure to always note the Last Day to Add Classes.
- For more information on Registration, visit the website of The Registrar.
- Office of the Registrar: Academic Calendars
A Waiting list may be opened for a course once it's reaches its maximum capacity. In some instances, a wait list may not be opened until a week after registration week, as there tends to be a high volume of add/drops during registration week and the week following. In which case, you can continue checking CAESAR for a seat to become available.
To add your name to a wait list, please follow the following steps:
- Log onto CAESAR and search for "All classes" (not just "open" classes)
- Choose the class you would like to join
- Caesar will tell you the course is full and asks if you would like to wait list
- Click the wait list prompt and your name is automatically added to the wait list.
(For more detailed instructions: Adding Yourself to a Class Wait List)
PLEASE NOTE: The order in which a student adds his/her name to the wait list does not necessarily carry preference for admission to the class; being on the list simply makes a student eligible for enrollment should openings occur. This list will be used by the department ONLY IF space becomes available for the course. If this should occur, students on the wait list will be notified by e-mail.
Wait lists for all courses close once classes begin. If it is the first week of classes and you are interested in joining a course that is closed on Caesar, either email the professor directly of your interest, or - better yet - go to the class at its meeting time and speak with the instructor about the possibility of joining their class.
Please see the office of the Registrar's Academic Calendar for a list of important dates.