Nathan E. Dial
Program Area(s): Methods; Comparative Politics; International Relations
Regional Specialization(s): United States; Europe
How NATO Decides: A Theory for How NATO Takes Collective Action in the 21st Century
Dissertation Committee: Will Reno (Chair) | Hendrik Spruyt | Marina Henke
Research Interest(s): NATO, US ilitary Security, Qualitative Methods, Quantitative Methods, and Sports Analytics
- "What is the Impact of College Basketball on an NBA Career: An Analysis of McDonald’s All-Americans from 2001 to 2012." The International Journal of Sport and Society 12 (1): 53-69. doi:10.18848/2152-7857/CGP/
- ‘I am confused, scared and afraid'. AirforceTimes (June 2020)
- "Three Generations of Black Military Members Show the Progress That’s Been Made, and The Path Forward." The Air Force Times. Last Modified July 5, 2020.
- "The Consequences of Implicit Bias at Euro-NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training." AirforceTimes (July 2020)
- "Institutional racism is boring" with Daniel Walker. AirforceTimes (August 2020)
- "What is the Value of College Basketball on an NBA Career." International Journal of Sport and Society Conference (Granada, Spain) June 2020.
- "Quantitative Analysis of the impact of College Basketball on NBA Careers", International Journal of Sport and Society.
- Accepted to 2020 Institute for Qualitative and Multi-Method Research Workshop (Syracuse University): "The Pivotal Nation, Critical Allies, and Contributors: An Analysis of NATO in the 2000s."