Program Area(s): Comparative Politics; Methods
Regional Specialization(s): Latin America
Research Interest(s): Political Economy of Conflict and Development; Legacies of Political Violence; Local Governance; State-Building; Political Behavior; Organized Crime; Causal Inference; Philosophy of Science.
- “Coal Mining and War: A Look at the Political Economy of the Armed Conflict in Cesar and La Guajira." In A. Rettberg, R. Leiteritz, C. Nasi, and J.D. Prieto (Eds.), Different Resources, Different Conflicts? The Subnational Political Economy of Armed Conflict and Crime in Colombia. Bogota: Ediciones Uniandes. 2020 [published in Spanish in 2018].
- “Civil War and Support for Democracy: Survey Evidence from Colombia." Paper presented at the MPSA Political Science Research Exchange. 2020.
- “Civil War and Support for Democracy: Survey Evidence from Colombia." Paper presented at the APSA Annual Meeting. Washington D.C., 2019.
- Mellon Cluster Fellowship in Latin American and Caribbean Studies. Northwestern University, 2020.
- Dean's Student Travel Grant. Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, New York University. 2019.
- J. William Fulbright Fellowship. 2017.