Program Area(s): Comparative Politics; International Relations
Refugees' understanding of rights and governance structures: A study of urban refugees in Uganda
Dissertation Committee: Wendy Pearlman, Rachel Beatty Riedl, Galya Ben-Arieh
Research Interests: Forced Migration, African Politics
- "Owning the Wood That Becomes the Table: Moving Beyond Asking for A Seat at the Table," IAFSM18 Conference in Accra, Ghana, July 2020 (invitation accepted).
- “Examining Variation in Tactics and Targets of Refugee Political Behavior in Uganda,” Oxford University’s Refugee Studies Centre, Conference on Democratizing Displacement, March 2019.
- “Refugees and the ‘state’: How do non-citizens understand and claim rights in exile?” Northwestern University’s AfriSem Conference, May 2018.
- “Narrative Representation: Examining Agency & Power of Urban Refugees.” Northwestern University’s AfriSem Conference, April 2017.
Honors and Awards:
- Oxford University Refugee Studies Centre Visiting Fellow, Trinity Term 2020