Program Area(s): Political Theory; Law and Politics; American Politics
Regional Specialization(s): Latin America; United States
Imagining America: International Commiseration and National Revolution in the Modern Post-Colony
Dissertation Committee: James Farr (Chair), Mary Dietz, Loubna El-Amine, Paul Ramirez (History)
Interest(s): Comparative Political Theory; Indigenous Politics; Post-Colonial and Decolonial Political Thought; Insurgency and Revolutionary Movements; Race and Ethnic Studies; History of Political Thought.
- “The Roots of Right-wing Populism: Donald Trump in 2016” with Thomas Ferguson, Benjamin I. Page, Jacob Rothschild, and Jie Chen, International Journal of Political Economy, (July 2020).
- “Anahuac & Rome: Converging Indigeneity and Religiosity in Mexico’s Republican Moment” in Age of Revolutions, (February 2020).
- “The Economic and Social Roots of Populist Rebellion: Support for Donald Trump in 2016” with Thomas Ferguson, Benjamin I. Page, Jacob Rothschild, and Jie Chen. Featured by the Institute for New Economic Thinking, (October 2018).
- "Restoring Anáhuac: Indigenous Genealogies and Hemispheric Republicanism in Post-Colonial Mexico" - 2021 Latin American Studies Association Conference.
- “Maneuvering Empire: Colonial Order and (Post-)Colonial Considerations Among Marginalized Subjects”, with Owen Brown. 2021 International Studies Association Conference.
- “Finding the Republicans of Nacogdoches: Anti-Colonial and Neocolonial Simultaneity in the Nascent United States” - 2020 Association for Political Theory Conference.
- “Subverting Nature: Indigenous and Afro-Colombian Responses to Elite Republicanism in New Granada” - Co-organized Mini-conference on “Indigenous Studies in Political Science: Reconsidering Nation, Representation, and Citizenship" at the 2020 American Political Science Association Conference.
- “The Economic and Social Roots of Populist Rebellion: Support for Donald Trump in 2016,” presented with Thomas Ferguson, Benjamin Page, and Jacob Rothschild. 2019 American Political Science Association Conference.
- American Political Science Association Diversity and Inclusion Research Advancement Grant in Indigenous Studies (2020)
- Gaius Charles Bolin Dissertation Fellowship, Williams College (2020)
- Presidential Fellowship Nominee in Political Science, Northwestern University (2020; Declined)
- Franke Graduate Fellowship, Alice Kaplan Institute for the Humanities, Northwestern University (2019)
- Doctoral Research Award, Latin American and Caribbean Studies Program Northwestern University (2019)
- TGS Graduate Research Grant, Northwestern University (2018)
- Mellon Foundation Fellowship in Interdisciplinary Studies (2015)