Assistant Professor of Instruction
- Scott Hall 021
- Office Hours: Wednesday 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm | Zoom Link: https://northwestern.zoom.us/j/94974522385
Research Interest(s): European Union; Comparative Law
Program Area(s): Methods; Comparative Politics
Regional Specialization(s): Europe
Jean's research focuses upon institutional design and change, the influence of institutions on behavior, and the interaction between institutions and behavior. Her recent work has focused upon how states create effective laws and the effect of legislative choices on outcomes, like constitutional longevity. Her research incorporates ideas and approaches from political science, complex systems, and social sciences more generally.
- Alter, K., Clipperton, J., Schraudenbach, E., & Rozier, L. (2020). Gender and Status in American Political Science: Who Determines Whether a Scholar Is Noteworthy? Perspectives on Politics, 1-20.
- Alternative Final Assignment Format Tips and Tools, guest blog post with NU Digital Learning Fall 2020
- Increasing Zoom Engagement, guest blog post with NU Digital Learning Fall 2020
- Science of Teaching and Learning (APSA Preprints (Working Paper)) Winter 2020
- Alternative Final Assignment Formats, guest blog post with NU Digital Learning Spring 2019
- Incorporating Student Feedback, guest blog post with NU Digital Learning Winter 2019
- Improving your Course, guest blog post with NU Digital Learning Fall 2018